Meredith is NOT a lottery this year.
The School District’s 2021-22 Kindergarten registration window begins January 19th, 2021. To apply, you can now complete the process entirely online . There are four ways to register: online, by phone, in-person, and by drop-box. Click here for more information on each method. To register for the current 2020-21 school year, click here .
In order to apply online, you should be prepared beforehand and have electronic copies of all the the paperwork needed:
- Proof of your student’s age(ex. birth certificate, passport, medical record with student’s date of birth)
- Two (2) documents showing your current address(ex. valid state drivers or photo identification, lease, deed, or utility bill under your name)
- Immunization records(click here for a list of requirements)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID(recommended, but not required)
Note: Be sure to keep your provided application number in a safe place, as you may need it later if you choose to resubmit your application.
Once you’ve gathered your information, click here to visit the registration portal and begin your application.
- For an instructional video that clarified the application process, click here .
- For a step-by-step help guide, click here.
- For more information on how to enroll your child in your local neighborhood school, click here to view the District’s guidelines.
- If you have additional questions, please contact The Office of Student Enrollment & Placement at 215-400-4290 or read the Kindergarten FAQ’s.
If you are a parent or guardian of a students whose primary language is other than English, or a potential English Learner (ELs), The Multilingual Assessment Center (MAC) is ready to help!
- Contact the MAC by phone at 215-400-4240 (Option 1), by email at email@example.com , or via this form.
- To access the District’s registration flyer is 10 different languages, click here.
Visit the School District of Philadelphia’s Office of Early Childhood Education to learn more details about policies and procedures.